Welcome to Daan & Zena’s Affordable Accommodation in Phalaborwa, your last overnight stop to Kruger Park or Mozambique.
Daan & Zéna’s Affordable Accommodation, is one of the oldest funkiest and definitely thé most colourful accommodation establishment in Phalaborwa.
We are +/- 2km from Kruger National Park – Phalaborwa Gate, Hans Merensky Golf Club, Phalaborwa Mine, Foskor Mine, Bosveld, Phalaborwa CBD and walking distance to Kruger Spar Local groceries store and Masorini Total 24hour convenient store.
Unfortunately Daan & Zena Smit are not getting any younger and it is now time for the new generation with the fresh minds to be given the opportunity to take over the every-day running of the business.
Anita (daughter of Daan & Zena) is the General Manager / Co-owner can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for quotations / bookings or any general enquiries.
Rika Pitout or Caroline Mafuma are the Duty Managers and will be attending to all your needs during your stay at Daan & Zena’s Affordable Accommodation.
Services / General available on site:
- Free Wi-Fi in breakfast area
- Swimming Pool at each House
- Braai Facilities
- Safe Parking
- TransLux / City to City busses run daily from our doorstep
- English breakfast is served daily between 6:30 and 9:00 in dining room.
- Dinner a Variety restaurants / take-away restaurants in town
Accreditation and awards:
- Accommodation Establishment of the Year Award for 2004
- Member of the Phalaborwa Accommodation Association – PAA
- Member of Travel Ground online booking system
- Member of Trip Advisor online review system
Kruger National Park Info:
- Sable Dam +/- 15min travelling
- Masorini +/- 30min travelling
- Lethaba Camp +/- 1hour travelling
- Olifanits Camp +/- 2hours travelling
- Mopani Camp +/- 2hours travelling
- Phalaborwa to Giriyondo Border Post +/- 100km, 2 hours travelling
- The border post closes at 14:00 in winter, and 15:00 in summer.
A variety of basic & rustic but clean and comfortable accommodation available in colourful rooms at 2 separate houses. A great way to meet other travellers and to share travel information.
- Small Basic Room with Double bed - No Kitchen available
- Standard Room with One Double bed + One Single bed – Private Kitchenette in room
- Family Unit with 2 or 3 rooms – Private Kitchen and Lounge area
Kindly note the following:
- All online bookings must be paid in advance to confirm any booking
- All online bookings are non-refundable
- Any extra persons / children in room(s) will be charge extra if different from quote requested.
- No Smoking indoors
- No burning of mozzie coils
- Check in Time: after 15:00
- Check out Time: before 10:00
- Enter premises at own risk
Due to affordable rates please check availability as rooms are very popular and space are limited
Small Basic Room with No kitchen
R400.00 per room per night Self Catering for 1 or 2 persons in room
Standard Room with Private Kitchen
R500.00 per room per night Self Catering 1,2 or 3 persons in room
Family unit with Private Kitchen
Two En-suite Rooms R800.00 per night Self Catering 3 or 4 persons in unit
Three En-suite Rooms R950.00 per night Self Catering 5 or 6 persons in unit
Breakfast @ R70.00 per person
Dinner & Lunch pack available for Contractors groups on request
For translation please use this tool